Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Time, Time, Time

Seriously, where does the TIME go??? Jenna's 5 months old! We now live in Austin, and the househunting is barely going. We're looking online as much as we can, but there's not much time to do that lately. We have moved 80% of our stuff into storage and we're getting the rest tomorrow. We close on our house Wednesday and today we had to pay a lovely $3,600 to fix the A/C & heating before we could close. We are quickly finding out that we'll have trouble finding a house we like here, and until we do (or as long as we can), we're staying with my parents. Obviously, we can't afford the really desireable areas where the super filthy-rich people live, but for our first choice we can afford, it seems that most houses need SEVERE updating. So we'd have to spend several thousand before we even moved in. And still, the house prices are more than I'd like to pay. Then there's another area we are considering, but it's more north than we'd like to be. Do we go for location or neighborhood/house? I know everyone says "location, location, location," but is it worth an extra 10 minutes to be in a crappy house that's more expensive?

Jenna is a bit of a terror the past few days. I think she's teething, but today she had me in tears. I got her into a daycare that she doesn't start until October 2, so until then, she's here with me & the parents. They help when they can, but there are a lot of times when it's me & a fussy baby. It's hard to work when you have a crying baby sitting on your lap. Good thing I'm not real busy now. I'm thinking holy crap, I have to work! And I have to find a pediatrician, a GP, a dentist, an OB/GYN, and there's the little matter of finding a house. I'm glad I got the daycare thing take care of, because we found that most of them had a waiting list. I always feel guilty when I act like my baby girl is "getting in the way." Things will be so much less stressful once she starts that daycare! Of course, I will not be happy when she's there either...a new place & new people to get used to.

I always like to post a picture when I can, and this is my favorite lately. I hear fussy Jenna a lot when I am back in the "office," and the other day it was strangely quiet when my dad was watching her. This is what I found in the living room:

5 Comments:

At September 23, 2006 9:07 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

That pic is sooo adorabe.. sorry to hear she has been fussy lately.. your probably right about the teething. I say find a place you an afford and fix it up the way you like it..

 
At September 23, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Awww, what a cute pic. Sorry she's been fussy, I agree, it's probably teeth. I hope you find a place soon and glad to see an update :)

 
At September 24, 2006 7:50 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I'd go for the desirable neighborhood, but that's just me. If you get in a house that needs updating just remember that you can do that a little at a time. It doesn't all have to be done before you move in.

 
At September 25, 2006 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is just precious. I think ya'll should move back to Houston. :)

 
At September 26, 2006 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she looks absolutely cozy on her grampa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home