Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

6 month appointment

Today I took baby girl to her 6 month appointment. It was her first time at this office. I liked the other one better, but this one is just fine. It's funny how I don't realize how much she has changed until random things make me remember how she was. At her 2-and 4-month appointments, she couldn't roll over, so she just laid on the table until I picked her up. Well OK, she didn't just quietly lay there until I picked her up, but today she grabbed at everything, rolled all around, and tried to put everything in her mouth. Including the papers, clipboard, her clothes, the paper thing they make her lay on, pens, and the doctor's stethoscope. She was very restless, but I guess I would be too if I had these new discoveries and had to be at a doctor's office for over an hour.

Anyway, she weighs 19 lbs, 12 ozs, which is less than I thought she would weigh. She was in the 97th percentile--same as she was for her 4-month appointment. She dropped from the 75th to the 45th for length though. I guess she's just a short, fat girl. :) That's all right, she won't stay that way. I HATE when they give the shots. She definitely didn't like that, but she's been sleeping all afternoon, so that's the positive...

3 Comments:

At October 25, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Brigitte said...

Wow, Jenna is only 4 ounces behind Barrett. :)

I'm not saying she's fat, I'm saying my kid is SKINNY!

 
At October 25, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Too cute, she's healthy :) I absolutely hate the needles too. My girl got sick after hers and sounds a little "croupy" with her cough now :(

 
At October 26, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

aww poor girl got shots. I always hate when the get shots as well. Im sure she will feel better real soon. Sounds like the appointment went well though :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home