Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Ups and downs

I never knew how bad a 5-month-old could hurt me! Jenna's first day of daycare here was today, and I really was fine with her. I missed her a lot toward the end of the day because I have been with her ALL THE TIME lately. When I went to pick her up, I was anxious to see if she would be glad to see me. Nope. She didn't even acknowledge that she knew who I was. Didn't smile, didn't even look at me for more than half a second. She just went on sucking on the plastic keys that she was so enthralled with, while sitting on the daycare worker's lap. I don't know why that got to me so much, but it broke my heart and I cried all the way home. I thought at this age, she was supposed to recognize me! Sometimes she does smile at me or act like she knows who I am, and I thought today she would since it's been a while since we've been apart.

This house-hunting thing is killing me. I am so glad we don't have our Houston house anymore, because we can just focus on finding one. But I guess we're really picky or something. Our realtor has showed us 16 houses, and we only really liked one of them. In fact, we liked it so much that we put in an offer the day after we looked at it. I should preface by saying the day we looked at it was the first day it was on the market. After he wrote up the offer & faxed it in, he called to say the selling agent was also expecting another "strong" offer. So we changed the offer that night to be $1K over the asking price, and we'd pay all closing costs. I thought that was a dang good offer. It turned out there were 2 other offers and we were "significantly" outbid. I guess other people wanted that house just a little more than we did. I don't think we're going to find one we like as much as it, because the ones we've looked at so far have been really disappointing. I don't know why people would design such stupid floorplans with space that you really can't use for anything. Do people really use formal sitting areas AND formal dining rooms? It would be different if they could be closed off, but I don't know what we'd do with some of these odd-shaped spaces. I would also like a back yard bigger than my closet. Like I said--maybe I'm just being picky, but I guess it will take longer than I'd hoped to find the right house. I also think we'll settle for something we don't love, but at this point I'm confused about what I even really want! It hasn't even been that long, but we've looked at most of the houses that looked good online in the area we wanted, so either we have to change areas or wait for other houses to go on the market. Then if it's worth getting, we'll have to go into a bidding war with the other people who are in the same position we are. I have heard it referred to as the "real estate game" and it truly is a game!

I just skimmed over this post. Am I a Debbie Downer or what???

2 Comments:

At October 04, 2006 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so hard to buy a house in an area that is so "wanted". I am from Austin and I remember how many offers were made when my parents sold our house. Good luck!

Amanda

 
At October 08, 2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Sometimes Lila does the same thing to me and it kills me every single time. I can't stand it!!!

Good luck with the house hunting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home