Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Off to the tropics

Well, in a month. In a month, we're off to St. Lucia. Just me & hubby. And I haven't really even thought about it! We've been so pre-occupied with baby, house-hunting, carpet, paint, etc. that this trip we've had planned for months has been at the way back of my mind. We'll be leaving Jenna with Gramma & Grampa and enjoying 4 nights at the ALL-INCLUSIVE Sandals Grande St. Lucian. Eating, drinking anything with coconut rum all day long, scuba diving, lounging by the pool or the beach, and sight-seeing. It will be sooooo nice and relaxing. The best part about it? It's FREE! 100% free. Well, not 100% because we paid $34 since the flights were $17 over the cap for mileage points. But 4 days/nights in the Caribbean with all we can eat, drink, dive, play, and SLEEP for $34? Not bad!!! That's actually the only reason we're going. Are you all jealous? I gotta say--I'm jealous of myself. We got lucky. Real lucky. However, getting there will be somewhat of a nightmare. We have 2 layovers and it will take us about 15 hours, both ways.

Is it bad that one of the things I'm most looking forward to is sleeping? I get to sleep as late as I want on this trip. I have pretty much accepted that I won't sleep much for the next 18 years or so. OK, maybe it will get better within a year, or until the next one comes along, if a next one comes along. I just haven't been sleeping. I can't sleep when I go to bed, and once I eventually do fall asleep, I usually wake up several times during the night. Then, I wake to crying around 6:30, give or take an hour. If Jay's not asleep within a minute & a half of lying down, I think something's wrong with him, yet it takes me an hour if I'm lucky. WHAT? I can't turn off my mind like he can. Is this a guy thing? Maybe when we move into our house and have our own king-size bed back, I'll sleep better. Surely.

Anyway, I'm going to start thinking more about this trip, since anticipation is one of the most fun parts of vacations. If anyone reading this has ever been to St. Lucia, any suggestions on day excursions?

3 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 7:30 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

My husband and I are the opposite. I'm the one that falls asleept as soon as my head hits the pillow, and he can't turn off his brain.

Have fun in St. Lucia. I've never been, so I have no suggestions for excursions, other than a good snorkeling trip. I LOVE snorkeling in the Caribbean.

 
At October 24, 2006 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOO jealous. I'm jealous about sleeping in a hotel room with no kids to listen for. I would be thrilled with that for four nights!

 
At October 25, 2006 11:12 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

I haven't been anywhere really except to NB and Ontario. LOL.
I'm sure you'll have a great time. What an amazing deal!

I think that once you are all settled into the new house and everything you'll find a change in your sleeping. Have fun thinking about the trip, I sure would be :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home