Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Choices

Life has way too many choices. What kind of toothpaste do I want? What do I want to make for dinner? What house do we want? What color paint should we use for the living room? The bedrooms? What doctors should we use? Do we want roadrunner or DSL? Cable or satellite? Verizon or T-Mobile or Sprint or Cingular, blah blah? And of course...should we get flu shots or not? Well, I already got mine today and made an appointment for Jenna next week. So I guess you could say I put on my big girl pants and made a decision. Of course, the hard part is actually taking her in for it...

Oh, I'm not complaining about all these choices--if not for the choices, we'd be stuck with the same boring stuff as everyone else. Everyone and everything would look the same, we'd be eating the same stuff, driving the same car, working the same job...well, you get the picture. These choices start VERY early though, and I'm faced with the realization that as Jenna grows, we'll be faced with more & more of them. Since I'm already a bad decision maker, having to make decisions for 2 people will be even harder! Right now Jenna is faced with the difficult infant choices of what toy to play with, whether to eat her food or if she likes it, whether to go to sleep when she's supposed to, whether to sit & play or try to crawl, and of course it never ends. But soon enough, she'll be faced with wanting to watch TV, wanting to eat pizza instead of chicken, wanting to buy everything she sees in the toy store, and wanting to stay up "just a few more minutes." These are choices I'll have to make for her, and she won't like it! Probably anyone reading this now who has older kids (older than...say 1, that is), is laughing, thinking I have no idea. Well, I don't! But I have made the decision that when faced with these mundane choices, I will make the best ones to the best of my ability, and I guess that's a start. :)

1 Comments:

At November 04, 2006 9:44 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

I'm sure whatever choices you make along the way will be the right ones. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home